The Argo Higher Education Foundation is offering single and 4-year renewable scholarships for Argo Community High School graduates enrolling in a college, university, or trade school.
Students can stop by the counselors office for a physical copy of the application, or it can be downloaded from the Argo Scholarship page.
Students must be graduating from Argo Community High School in the 2019-2020 school year with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 to be eligible for an Argo Higher Education Foundation Scholarship. A committee will review all completed applications and scholarships will be awarded based on a rubric evaluating the following:
Letter of Recommendation
Students must provide the following documents along with their completed application for the committee’s review:
Transcripts from all attended high schools
Resume detailing relevant extracurricular activities, employment experience, community/volunteer work, and/or other accolades
Letter of recommendation
Document addressing three of the six prompts below in 500 words or less per prompt
- How has your experience at Argo Community High School shaped you as a person?
- How do you plan to give back to the Argo community in the future?
- How will this scholarship help you achieve your future ambitions?
- What is your chosen career path? What inspired you to choose this path?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- What else should the committee know about you?
Students who are awarded renewable scholarships must adhere to following to remain eligible for renewal:
Achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the conclusion of each academic year
Maintain full-time status (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, or quarter equivalent)
Actively participate with the Argo Higher Education Foundation