The Argo Higher Education Foundation offers single and 4-year renewable scholarships for Argo Community High School graduates enrolling in a college, university, or trade school.
Students must be graduating from Argo Community High School in the 2020-2021 school year to be eligible for an Argo Higher Education Foundation Scholarship. A committee will review all completed applications and scholarships will be awarded based on a rubric evaluating the following:
- Extracurricular activities
- Employment Experience
- Community/Volunteer Involvement
- Letter of Recommendation
Students must provide the following documents along with their completed application for the committee’s review:
- Transcripts from all attended high schools*
- Resume detailing relevant extracurricular activities, employment experience, community/volunteer work, and/or other accolades
- Letter of recommendation**
- Document addressing three of the six prompts below in 500 words or less per prompt. Please label each prompt.
- How has your experience at Argo Community High School shaped you as a person?
- How do you plan to give back to the Argo community in the future?
- How will this scholarship help you achieve your future ambitions?
- What is your chosen career path? What inspired you to choose this path?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- What else should the committee know about you?
Students who are awarded renewable scholarships must adhere to following to remain eligible for renewal:
Achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the conclusion of each academic year
Maintain full-time status (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, or quarter equivalent)
Actively participate with the Argo Higher Education Foundation
Students should complete the application and email the completed application and all supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 3pm.
Students may also use the digital application, or mail their application directly to the foundation. All mailed materials must be postmarked by the deadline date of March 2, 2021.
Physical applications and sealed letters of recommendation can be dropped off at Argo's main entrance or mailed to the address below:Argo Higher Education Foundation
*The PPS office will attach each student’s transcripts once the completed application is submitted.
** Students have the option of submitting a sealed letter of recommendation or an electronic recommendation. The digital recommendation form, found at the link below, can only be filled out by an Argo employee.